tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Starting to gear up for the Hank Williams tribute

I will only mention it again briefly at this point, because there will be more to follow, but I want to get it on people's radar, that we have a little over a month before the next event in the Americana Music Tribute series; the "Whole Lotta Hank" Hank Williams tribute. I have (already) a great musical line up laid out, so its just a matter of refining their set lists, and the order, etc. I have got my first great door prize (or contest prize)- a repeat of last year's Hank Williams bobble head. I don't have an action figure (like the one that was such a big hit at the Johnny Cash tribute) but this is just as fun and able-to-be-built-up-to-something-big. I also have ordered a "johnny cash sings hank williams" vinyl record that should be a popular item among prizes.
Stay tuned for details about the cajun cookoff that we are having the same evening; starting at 6 pm with the music at 8 pm. April 17th at the Dils Center, downtown Parkersburg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home