tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

First listenings: DADDY and Todd Snider

Without any road trips since I've gotten the two new CD's by some of favorites, I have had to resort to listening to them while I tool around town, in between errands and distractions. They are both fantastic and very satisfying listen's for this enthusiastic music lover. The similar use of lyrics to turn a phrase, make a wry observation, capture an absurdity of life, by Will, Tommy and Todd alike is so admirable to me. The music (combination of instruments and players) "hits the spot" for me also. These new songs/ CD's fit well into their great body of work, and keep you eagerly awaiting the next chance to see them perform. I love to spread the word!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home