tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Traveling Music- great stuff!

Two trips to Charleston and back the last two days. I listened to Guy Clark's new CD "Somedays the song writes you" and Will Kimbrough's new CD "Wings" and snuck John Hiatt "Same Old Man" in there too. (Awaiting his new CD soon). Well, I can't help it, I'm an old fashioned music listener- I LIKE hearing these guys music, as a full CD- the way THEY put the songs together- I LOVE all three of these singer songwriters, and greatly admire and respect their full body of work, and so I WANT to hear a CD all the way through, the way they chose it- On Guy's the storytelling is fantastic, and you love going from one to the next- his ways of observing a relationship, turns of phrases and his worldly voice.
Will's is also a great listening experience for me- nice tunes and sharp lyrics and messages in the songs- he ties in the angel/ wings/ miracle themes among the songs, so that you want to listen to it through and through. And then back to John Hiatt, just such life experiences portrayed in these songs- and better as a whole, if that can even be (the individual songs are great!!) but the themes and observations of life are a great whole too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home