tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bill Poole sends me good stuff through the internet

So, I'm dabbling around on a Sunday with getting ready for the Hank Williams Tribute show Saturday night; trying my best to figure out ways to attract people to come to the event. I am dabbling around with the Facebook page, drumming up some trivia and such. Saying goofy things about Cajun Cooking; that sort of thing. And to my rescue comes the tried and true Bill Poole, with not only all the right answers to the Hank Williams trivia questions, but yet another extensive and impressive list of songs about Hank Williams by other artists. He has something like 75 downloaded. They are a very eclectic mix of songs, and show the power of Hank's influence on American music. Heck, Bill even named his son, Hank. He was the one who linked me to the fact that John Lilly had won a Hank Williams song writing contest at the Hank Fest in Chicago a few years ago, and that they had a Jambalaya cook off. Hmmmmm. stolen ideas. So Bill is a great musical friend. He enthusiastically works up a lot of the flyers you see around town for our events. He has brainstormed where no one else will go about events and music. Heck, he brought Commander Cody, marty Stuart, Junior Brown, Jason Ricci and Watermelon Slim to Parkersburg (and probably others I am forgetting). He gave ANDY his big(ger) breaks in Parkersburg with open mikes and Thanksgiving EPIC Greens shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home