tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

treveling music- p-burg to indiana and return

I drove to Indiana and back on Friday. I don't recall the exact order but my CD selections included: Tom Waits (heartattack and vine)- two of Robert Earl Keen's that I haven't listened to for a while; todd snider's new one; todd snider's last one; lucinda williams- both CD's of her live at the fillmore- john prine's great days (the second/ later CD) and bob dylan's blonde on blonde. I think this pretty much took me the 10 hours of driving time- I might have caught a little of WOUB at both ends of the trip. Kinda predictable set list for me- but it did me a world of good to listen to a long stretch of my favorite music. I don't get as much chance lately. Robert Earl Keen does not play around these parts much- mostly a texas and out west kinda guy. It makes his stop in nelsonville last year that much more valuable opportunity. I stopped at the dusty old vinyl record store in Madison indiana for about 10 minutes on the way out of hanover, and browsed; but didn't buy- mostly comparing the overall selection with what I have waiting around here. Proud of my new donations- eager to get them out to the public eye soon. The only one I might have bought in madison IN was a steve forbert record. I was looking for a certain grateful dead one for someone that specifically requested one a few months ago- thought if I could pull that off...... I'd be a record-finding hero. Also, recently "toured" the high street stretch in Columbus Ohio where there are a significant number of vinyl record used music stores- I had wondered about that- but didn't have the time to browse up there- just scope out the area near Ohio State U. Haven't ever been able to locate the Athens Ohio stores yet either.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger Toronto Airport Taxi said...

Great Topic i like it and delighted from it. thanks
Toronto Airport Taxi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home