tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

adding film series to 2007 Anericana Music tribute series

It looks like I'll be able to add a film series to the 2007 Americana Music tribute series; starting out modestly, showing some movies off DVD's at my work place- able to seat 40 folks or so- no cost to me, so we'll see how it works out. I am planning to show: a Greg Brown video, a steve goodman video, the townes van zandt movie, gram parsons movie, and the harry smith tribute show. I'll take more suggestions. I'll kick it off in January, and at least have every other month when there isn't a live music tribute show. Probably a friday night, unless I run into too many conflicts with other good live music going on. It would be nice to have a little live music set at the end of the night's theme- a few tribute songs to that artist. This will be a coffee house type atmosphere instead of a bar scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home