tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

christmas lists; new gig contacts; tribute series musings

I am not at liberty to disclose certain christmas lists, but I have some in my possession. Suffice it to say they are eclectic as befitting the tuck family musical interests. I have been reading an intriguing book about music and the brain - I don't have the author with me at the computer, but I'll put it on later. Andy picked up the book yesterday for a little reading, and got hooked into it a bit.
Stopped in at River City Bar and Grill last evening, Andy left contact info to see if they are interested in the Greens there - not a lot of live music there I don't recall; some comedy, karaoke, DJ, type stuff. But there was some interest. We saw April from the old Wheel House days; she's tending bar there, and we were all glad to see each other! Still not sure of the exact details of the 23rd- nathan's after-reception-reception idea. And there were reminders to bring the Green Top Hat to the new years eve show; which its ready to make its grand appearance.
I am honing in on the line up for the americana music tribute series for 2007; lots of weighing ideas back and forth, but still aiming for an announcement by the first of the year. The women of Americana in april is looking pretty definite, but June's and August's are the un-finalized ones. I am trying to delegate the raffle ticket prize hunts to others, but that will have to fall together around the same time as the announcement of the series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home