tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Front Row show last night

Nathan joined Andy for his 6th Thanksgiving show at the Front Row, for a little "power duo" action. Good song selection; playing a little more acoustic sound than a Greens show. Dug back into the archives a bit, and diversified the covers and fan favorites. Andy kept breaking strings; and finished up with the Taylor for a good part of the last set. Not the biggest crowd we've had at the previous Thanksgiving bashes- maybe word wasn't out enough- hardly any place else was open I figure, so people might not have been in the going out mode. It was good to hear "Natural Voice" in reference to andy getting back to Morgantown to go to work at 8:30 am; before turning around and heading back here for tonight's show at the Wheel House; this is a full fledged Greens show tonight. He did the Tom Waits song early in the first set, while his voice was still there; and finished with a joe cocker-like "get by with a little help from my friends" with some voice-destroying work.
I had to witness a little scuffle among the late night patrons while I was helping with the clean up- a little rolling around on the floor et al.
Good to see Terry and Ian after a bit of an absence; I guess they have been on the Ratt Dog circuit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home