tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Mountain Stage tonight

Going down to Tamarack to see mountain stage down there tonight. Abigal Washburn (with Bela Fleck et al accompanying) is the main draw. She can play a mean banjo, and has some intriguing songs- she has the China connection to her banjo playing. Jim Lauderdale is on the bill. Todd Burge is on the bill. Making the long extra trip, since I'm missing some other music this month. The Klezmatics; BearFoot and Doug and Shelley Harper, are the others on the lineup. I listened to the show from Athens Georgia on the radio last night. They really did some local flavor things which was a nice touch- I can't recall names etc., but its what you'd like to think they would do being in a certain hot bed of a music scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home