tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, January 01, 2007

oh my- greens have an enthusiastic following

The Greens brought in the new year to a raucous, rollicking group of revelers last night at the wheel house. The Wheel House was prepared for a big crowd- and were not misled. It was a high energy show and crowd response. Brett Cain opened, and played a set after midnight with the band. Tony Castillo was present to add to the guitar work. The Greens had a huge packed crowd up dancing the whole time- sardine city up front. They just can't get to all the requests- far too many now in the arsenal. Lots of great guitar work- inspired vocals; solid work by all the fellahs. Andy gave several tributes to James Brown throughout the evening. It was hard to finish the music, despite the guys being spent; the crowd was going strong. Another great bringing in the new year by the greens at the wheel house. I got another Green top hat souvenir to add to the greens historic archives- tried to get most of the set list- at least the first set on the brim of the hat- we'll see how it holds up- when they started back in after Brett Cain's second set, I kinda lost track of the covers, and the later set........
The wheel house crew had a mammoth clean up job on their hands, I pitched in as I could, but we'll hope they think its worth it to do all that set up for a great show. I understand the night before was a pretty good crowd also. So they' ve had some good holiday crowds and revenues.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger douglas eye said...

Dear Steve: I'm the online editor of thegazz.com of the Charleston Gazette. I came across your blog an am interested in talking with you about possibly blogging about music at the gazz site. Call me at the Gazette's toll-free 800-982-6397 number and ask to speak to Doug Imbrongo with Charleston Newspapers Interactive.

Have a fine new year. Doug

 

Post a Comment

<< Home