tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

rambling conversation

I had an enjoyable conversation with a Nashvillian yesterday; he was very knowledgable and enthusiastic about some Americana music type stuff. He connected me to a musician named Mike Farris- visited his website and myspace. He sounds like a great entertainer, a good bio story line, and some great connections to other musicians. He apparently stole the show at the Americana Music Assoc. show last fall. Then we got off talking about Goose Creek Symphony and their annual fest (Todd Snider is there this year)- its in Kentucky. Unfortunately its the night that Jason Wilber will be here in Marietta, so that will be my choice. We talked about one of the guys from Bread, Rob Royer and what he is doing now, scanning the back of a Bread album we had here, and he was already out of the group by then, Larry Knetchtel taking his place by then. He wrote "For all we know" that the Carpenters did, and won an Oscar.
He talked about being a "local" when the hordes descended for Bonaroo. An enjoyable chat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home