tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, March 21, 2008

going into the weekend

There is no local Greens show this weekend for the Parkersburg area, and so that puts the Greens fans in a melancholy mood. Seeking other ways to enjoy themselves. I see there has been a show added for the wheel house for April 12th. Hmmm what sort of day is April 12th, worthy of celebration....... you'll have to let me know. In the meantime (Greenwich mean time) we'll have our two coffee houses at 1739, and see how those go, and whether they become a regular thing. I will not go anywhere this weekend for music, taking a little breather. Drum up some ideas for the vinyl record sales and national record store day perhaps. Listen to some Van MOrrison on the rod-e-o. Is there where Andy got his pronunciation of the word radio? Turn on your electric light. Van the Man. The rock critic Greil Marcus says Van was the one who really got the Lost Waltz going with Caravan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home