tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

listened to some vinyl records last night

I finally broke out some of the vinyl records I got from Pete Shew a few months ago. These are folk and country and blues records. Patrick Sky, Tom Rush, Pink Anderson, and Ian and Sylvia. These were excellent records (not great condition, but playable)- but great music. The liner notes are excellent also, with lots of information and perspective on this area of interest for me. There is a lot of listening to do when I get the chance. I keep the folk music history book (40's- 70's) close by to thread through the connections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home