tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lucky # 777

This is post number 777 (or something like that). I stopped in to try to catch up with John Gallagher today at his music store on Dudley, behind the YWCA building. He was rushing between a lesson and leaving for a church rehearsal. I gave him a 1 minute version of my idea for April 19th and the national "independent record store day." (And broadened it for independent music store day). He seemed interesting in brainstorming that, so I will return. Love his CD selection. Wanted to pick up a Hank Williams tribute CD, but didn't. Saw the brand spanking new edition of the original John Prine songbook, looking spiffy compared to my well worn, thumbed through copy. Arranged to rent some modest equipment for Kathleen Coffee's show on April 5th; supporting the local business and getting that detail taken care of early so I wouldn't be scrambling later. Just heard a Bonnie Raitt and Norah Jones duet on WOUB, and then Tony JOe White and Shelby Lynne duet. Earlier some WHO. "The soundtrack of my evenings."

Holmes Brothers in Marietta Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home