tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

vinyl record reflections

I know this will seem a stretch to most people, but I have been enjoying the intriguing juxaposition between gathering these stacks o' wax and my interest in music trivia and veins of musical connections. Yesterday someone brought in a Doug Sahm album (someone who I stumbled on to early, the sir douglas quintet (she's a body mover) and then bob dylan recorded wallflower with his band, and he is connected to other texas music (and died early, etc.) and then there was a Lou Christie album (that real high falsetto- lightening strikes, and a few other big hits in the 60's- so I go on a website of his to see what he has been up to since those days, and get an interesting biography (he was from pittsburgh, and had those hits in his teens, etc.) and then there is this "chi-lites" album (have you seen her?) big ol' afro's, etc. And after Bill Poole sent that version of "cowboys to girls" (with lucinda williams singing)- I had to look up the INtruders from that philly soul era, etc.etc etc. The Hacienda Boys have that song on a recent album. So all this music stuff gets jumbled up in a fun way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home