tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm dancing a little Irish Jig in anticipation............

The Greens will be at Six Pence Pub this Saturday night, the closest we could get to St. Patrick's Day with everybody's busy schedule. I don't know if I can come up with a gaudy enough GREEN thunderwear costume for the occasion. I don't know if I ought to warn people to wear some protective body armor, in case there is a dart tournament going on across the dance floor. I guess we should brush up on the full Greens song list to be ready to make some requests long into the night.
I guess the show the following weekend for Pittsburgh was unfortunately cancelled due to some scheduling conflicts for the band. The show in May up in Pittsburgh is an outdoor festival I guess at a park there called washington landing; formerly Herr's Island, for anybody who knows Pittsburgh. We'll keep plying for more information.
Nate told us the other day that he and Holly are moving up to the Morgantown area for next school year, working in Preston County, but probably living in Mo-town. So the band will be centrally located for practice and a base of operations.
Danny's sure got his sights set on a west coast road trip somewhere down the line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home