tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

album I mentioned this morning- details

Based on a conversation with Bill Poole, I provide this information about the Sir Douglas Quintet album Mendocino. More info to follow perhaps.

The Mendocino album by the Sir Douglas Quintet (smash records / mercury) (1969) has the line up as:
Augie Meyer, Harvey Regan, John Perez, Frank Morin, and Doug Sahm

The song list is: Mendecino (written by Doug S)
I Don’t Want (Doug S)
I wanna be your mama again (Doug S)
At the crossroads (Doug S)
If you really want me to I’ll go (Delbert McClinton)
And it didn’t even bring me down (Doug S, F. Martin, and M.Fierro)
Lawd, I’m just a country boy in this great big freaky city (Doug S)
She’s about a mover (Doug S)
Texas Me (Doug S, F. Martin, J Perez, A. Meyer)
Oh, baby, it just don’t matter (Doug S)

There’s a quote from Ralph Gleason: “There is relatively little originality aside from the original San Francisco bands. The only band I have heard play blues recently that was really listenable in a musical sense (rather than volume and rhythm to be experienced in a physical sense) is Sir Douglas and he is great just because he doesn’t do it like all the others.” (San Francisco Chronicle)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home