tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Traveling Music to Morgantown and back today

In the CD player:

Suzanne Vega Beauty and Crime
Alison Krauss A hundred miles or more
Joan Osborne How Sweet it is
John Hiatt Same Old Man
Kathleen Coffee (self-titled)

Marty sent me John Hiatt's CD. He was at Ear Exstacy in Louisville and Marty got an autographed copy for me. We had seen him with some other songwriters at the NewPort Folk Festival a couple of years ago. This is a great CD with some excellent songs- worthy of really getting into. He is a wise observer of the human condition, and his music (melodies and instrumentation) is top notch.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Darkeyez said...

check out John Hiatt's album "Walk On"...its in my top 10 list :-)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger steve tuck said...

I'll check it out; John Hiatt is someone I have on my radar to listen to more of his body of work- I have always liked what I heard, and he is linked with so many others I admire, so I'll seek out your recommendation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home