tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, September 15, 2008

bonanza of records donated yesterday

I had one of the most pleasant surprises yesterday in my several year enterprise of seeking donated vinyl records, and having re-sales as a benefit fund raiser for my non profit organization. A dear woman in Belpre donated the remainder of her vinyl collection. She had previously donated a very large collection of records: jazz, mostly, lots of eclectic stuff. She had worked at a radio station in New Mexico, and had many demo's, slightly played great stuff. A number of my most enthusiastic buyers over the last several years, have commented on what a collection those were; with many rarities and intriguing labels, etc. Well, this later donation, which was her more prized personal collection, was stunning. It has so much that is up my personal alley of interest areas, and that's not even speaking to the great jazz stuff. She has such a wide ranging passion for all kinds of music. I will be mentioning this collection over the next month, leading up to another sale. I will use some of this collection to begin the process of learning how to convert these vinyl records to CD's also, as I know there will be some friends that would love some of this stuff. I was a kid in the candy store for sure. It makes all the lugging of records I have done for the past several years worthwhile to have some experiences like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home