tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New show; first coffee house of the year

I am very excited to announce that I have been able to arrange to bring Stacey Earle and Mark Stuart to Parkersburg for a show. It will be on Monday, Feb. 16th at 7 pm at our store front coffee house at 1739 St. Mary's Ave. Parkersburg. 3rd storefront. Contact me for tickets or information: Steve Tuck, 485-0650, or through the blog or my e-mail. Stacey and Mark are great musicians and performers, who really enjoy the small intimate type settings of house concerts and coffee houses. I have seen them twice in Nelsonville in recent years. visit their website at: www.staceyandmark.com for information about them. They are sure to please and entertain. You can see they are very active tourers, and play all kinds of venues. They are well connected in the music scene. They are at the PUrple Fiddle a few days before being in Parkersburg, and have a few other days in the mid-Atlantic region before heading to Memphis for the Folk Alliance annual festival and events. More details to follow, but give their music a listen, and talk this great local opportunity up. You can also visit their my space site, and see some of their influences and connections to many great musicians in the Americana, Roots, etc. genres.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home