tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Joseph Henry giving me some updates

I met Joseph Henry at the songwriter event about a year ago in Marietta. Then he started accompanying Todd Burge on some gigs, including the show we had at the Front Row with the Weedhawks and Nick Barry last summer. He is an enthusiastic and talented musician- including songwriting etc. He is promoting a little mini-tour he is doing with Todd and a band, they are calling "odd urge"- with at least 5 shows and some of WV (and neighboring Ohio's) great live music venues; a veritable all star line up of great promoters of live local music!!! Joseph also has a little band going he is calling Rita Henry (drums and keyboards I believe!!!) So, check out their myspace sites for the exact details; but it is three shows this week: Empty Glass, Elkins and Huntington, and next week Morgantown, and Pomeroy. I hope someone catches some of these shows and lets me know what they think. I'll just have to see, but I'm guessing I won't be doing that kind of travel these two weeks, with my own music promoting and attending coming up this month. For sure, support these guys!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home