tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Andy's solo show from Friday night- Emerson Sports Grille


This montage may be a little confusing- there are two pictures merged together. Andy solo on the right; with the Jimi Hendrix behind him. Andy and I singing (probably "the night they drove ol dixie down") on the left hand side. There was a woman (pretty well served) sitting like, two feet away from me, making requests, and singing along, so it was a little distracting to keep my professional focus. But we did alright I think. We were not wearing matching outfits, even if it looks a little like that in this light and color. When she requested a Conway Twitty song, I knew I had overstayed my welcome in the duet seat, and andy gamely did a George Jones song, before getting back to some original tunes. He appreciated Kezia requesting the new song debut The Pearl" (from the Blues Festival) and her special "kindred spirit" request of 10,000 Days. Andy did "natural voice" on my request later in the evening, following up on an early set progression of hard workin' people songs. Started out with Little Warrior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home