tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, May 29, 2009

I've got a "chip off the ol' block"- Marty blogging about music!!!

I copied this blog from my son marty's blog; he lives in Louisville KY and has a great music store within walking distance; so this blog post is a recent visit to a live show at the music store- needless to say I am proud of the blogging influence!

Thursday, 28 May 2009

Gomez
After work on Wednesday, I hurried off to Ear X-Tacy
to catch the Free Live In-Store performance by Gomez.
I was very excited and got there just early enough
to get a good standing spot.
They came in shortly after 6, right on time.
I actually didn't know what they looked like.
They just walked in rather nonchalant like without and intro.
I might have mistaken them for just another group of guys
coming to see the show, except for the clapping that
accompanied their entrance.
They tinkered around quite a bit getting set up, adjusting
their instruments and checking the sound.
Finally they just jumped right into playing their first song.
They started out with their newest hit "Airstream Driver"
Followed with two older songs "See the World" and
"Hamoa Beach" from the How We Operate album.
They finished up with "Little Pieces" from the new CD.
A quick show, but FREE!
I was very pleased with the 4 songs they chose to perform

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home