tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Greens in a quickly scheduled show last night at MBC

There was a cancellation of a band at the Marietta Brewing Company for Saturday night, so the Greens graciously filled in on short notice. There was a bachelorette party during the first part of the show, which provided its usual hilarity and distraction. The Greens worked in a dizzying variety of musical styles into their first set- the full dance numbers, soul-funk experience, a power ballad from the 80's, SleepyHead, Tuck's Riff, a Jimi Hendrix cover, some straight out rawk n roolllllll. Speakin' of sleepyheads, I had to leave after the first set due to my traveling companion getting sleepy (ahem)- so missed whatever the second set had in store.
Heading over to Morgantown today for the Arts by the River festival; Andy is scheduled to play at 2 pm and the Weedhawks later in the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home