tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Not very productive posting in this desolate winter weather

I am in some unproductive funk with this desolate winter weather we are having here in Parkersburg West Virginia. Though tonight we will venture down I-77 to Charleston to the Clay Center and the Woody Hawley Series to see John Lilly's Hank Williams Tribute show. They had held this show close to the anniversary of Hank's famous WV death (Dec. 31) and now it is pushed out a little into January. It is sold out, according to an e-mail I just received. This (based on last year's show) is a classy delight of a music evening- not only are the musicians top notch, but they weave in some stories about Hank and the context of his musical impact. With the winter weather we have been having, its bound to be a congenial group of music lovers getting out to appreciate some live music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home