tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Year in Review (off the cuff)

I know I maintain incredibly lazy habits of posting, so am not really sitting down to write a year in review with any preparation, and this is pathetic; maybe that can follow. 2009 saw (most likely) not as much music as some previous years (live music shows) and a little steady as she goes sort of exposure to new music (perhaps). But music continues to be perhaps the biggest thing that keeps me going through all the hecticness of life (besides family and work!) So highlights of 2009 would be the John PRine show in Asheville NC; shows at Stuart's OPera House, Mountain Stages, Will Kimbrough's set at the Pomeroy OH summer river festival, some Woody Hawley series shows in Charlston, a few shows at OU in Athens, Greens shows throughout the year, mostly in Parkersburg and Marietta, but a few elsewhere (!) and the Americana Music Tribute series shows we put on here in Parkersburg! (as benefits for Children's Home Society of WV-Parkersburg) Mark Stuart and Stacey Earle stopping through twice; the two Texas songwriters at john Radcliff's house concert, and YOU remind me of something glaring that I missed!
My musical listening remained pretty steady, and I rely heavily on No Depression-type news outlets to keep me up on the things I like.
I don't suppose 2010 will be a whole lot different in most of these ways. I do hope to attend the Americana Music Festival in Nashville in September this year. I guess the International Folk Alliance in Memphis in February is creeping up on me too fast. Already looking forward to the Nelsonville Folk Festival in May, with Todd Snider returning and Loretta Lynn on the agenda. Undoubtedly they will have more exciting shows to look forward to at Stuart's as the year progresses. I don't know where our annual John Prine trek might be to, this year, we'll see what his touring schedule looks like. I hope some of the other national touring acts will want to make their way through the Mid Ohio Valley.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home