tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Loyalty to my good old music blog

I have been posting this blog for a good while; it serves me well to chronicle my musical meanderings and following the Greens, the Americana Tribute shows, the concerts and shows I attend, and some musical discoveries. I feel a little sheepish, having switched over one important thing over to a facebook page- I have been posting (over there) a song of the day for a few weeks. I enjoy getting some feedback THERE about the songs I select- some quick replies from a wide variety of people; so that's been fun, as opposed to the dominant lack of responses to posts here! I should post these songs of the day both places, just for the sake of steadiness.
For instance, today's post over there was : Jerry Jeff Walker's "Mr. Bojangles."
This one goes deep into my favorites lists from way back: how Jerry Jeff captured the story of a great American character so well; such a well covered song over the years- Jerry Jeff brought a great one into the music world with this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home