tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Greg Brown's song Downtown

I picked Greg Brown's song Downtown for the song of the day. I look for little snippet's of something that trigger a song name. I walked downtown this morning to the post office to get the work mail. Then Wendy said she had to go downtown before she went to Marietta. So that got me singing.
"Yes I could stay home, I could read a book or two
I could try to get a little bit better at some of the bad things that I do
but the night is young. So I'm out for a little while
I'm gonna put on my hat and coat and pants and boots and my smile.

'N' I'm gonna go downtown tonight
All around the town,
checkin' out all the sights.
I'll be back in the morning
Feelin' bad or good
Gonna do what I want and I ain't gonna do what I should."

Saw Joe Harris, Steve and Susan Low at Der Dog Haus last night; talked of seeing the Greens tonight (after the big basketball game for everybody in WV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home