tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, June 06, 2010

traveling music yesterday

Robert Earl Keen (Rose Hotel), John Hiatt (Same Old Man) and Todd Snider (The Excitement Plan) took me to Charleston and back yesterday. A solid line up of some of my favorites. I travel more with other people these days, and so don't have the solitude time as much. Good to have some old reliables in the CD player. These are sharp "lyric-fellahs" and keen (Robert Earl) observers of the human condition and foibles. John Hiatt's getting some longitudinal perspective on him; the song about Brownie McGee, John Lee Hooker, etc. shows some credibility about being around through some hard touring times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home