tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Recent listening music on back to back trips to Charleston

I listened to John Mellencamp's "No Better Than This" on a recent work trip to Charleston. A very enjoyable listen; some real rootsy music, and some very down to earth lyrics. Also, Fred Eaglesmith's Cha Cha Cha. These are two similar CD's in their down to earth lyric content. Fred's connects some of his recent interesting musical sounds; John's sound bears the imprint of T-Bone Burnett. I also listened to Will Kimbrough's Home Away, and Mark Stuart and Stacey Earle's Must Be Live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home