tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Maybelogic

I went to Washington State Community College in Marietta last night to see a free concert as part of the Evergreen Arts and Humanities Series. Maybelogic, consisting of Andy McVey, Jessica Baldwin, Andy Hall and Clay Paschal, performed before an appreciative and enthusiastic audience. Three musical guests also joined them for specific songs, Julia Dryer, Buddy Lee, and Kelley Klemick. This is a talented and creative group with an eclectic reach and an engaging way with an audience. I avoid classifying music I hear, but to convey to someone else you need a few descriptors; they use fusion; jazz; funk. Diversity in the song crafting among the members is a trademark, and leads to the admiration and appreciation of all their talents, as well as their collective solid combination. Their descriptions of the songs, and how they came to select them was a nice touch to the evening of music. Look for them in a variety of settings and venues around the Mid Ohio Valley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home