tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Buddy Miller's "The Majestic Silver Strings"

A new CD spearheaded by Buddy Miller has been getting some playing time in my CD player. Buddy has joined with Bill Frisell, Mark Ribot, Greg Leisz to put this eclectic mix of music together. Joined by some singers and other accompanists, its a wide range set of songs. With some old folk and cowboy familiar songs; Bury Me Not on the Lone Prairie, and Freight Train, some Lefty Frizzell songs, and a kooky version of Roger Miller's Dang Me, it is an entertaining mix, which is refreshing in its range.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home