tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, March 04, 2011

Tomorrow Night: Will Kimbrough comes to town

I have been eager to bring great musicians to our humble little town over these past few years, and tomorrow night will be a highlight for me, with Will Kimbrough coming to Parkersburg to play a listening room/ house concert/ coffee house setting. There has been a great outpouring of enthusiasm from regional music lovers who are big fans of Will; glad to have the opportunity to see him near by. Will's music and promotion of lots of good music around him has been inspiring to me for a good number of years. With his blog post this week, I will be particularly interested in some of his recent recording and songs that he has been working on. I will be interested in a set list he comes up with, and how many requests he takes from what will undoubtedly be a crowd that knows his discography pretty darn well. He can go a lot of different directions on any given night I am sure! I will be interested what kind of guitar work he intends to do: I have seen him, and can imagine again, a wide variety there! I hope for a good smooth show, and an encouragement to come back, and tell others in his music circle about the possibility of coming to the Mid Ohio Valley for a show with an appreciative audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home