tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

road trip music selections - toledo

Well, since I started it last week with a shorter trip to wheeling and back. Here is music I listened to on the way to Toledo and back for a reunion of high school football (class of 1971!) This was a trip across Ohio- diagonal from south east to north west- where, especially north of Columbus the flat corn and soybean fields are a total contrast to WV terrain. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals "Nothing but the Water" was on; still in the CD player from the Wheeling trip! Then, Jason Wilber's Lost in YOur Hometown; John Prine's Live on Tour; Townes Van Zandt "The Best of"; Adrienne Young's The Art of Virtue; Grateful Dead, Postcards of the Hanging (songs of Bob Dylan); that got me to Toledo. The next day on the ride home: John Prine's anthology Great Days, disc 2; Lucinda Williams, Car wheels on a gravel road; John Prine's Fair and Square; and The Band's Last waltz (both discs) to finish up on in from logan or lancaster ohio through Athens, into Parkersburg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home