tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Miscellaneous weekend things

I wish I was in Athens Georgia tomorrow night for a road trip mountain stage- Todd Snider on the bill; vic chestnut, and some local talent.
I got Jason Wilber's two new CD's in the mail today- so I'll be reviewing them soon.
I got an e-mail due to my mentioning Minton Sparks months ago, when she was opening for John Prine in Kentucky. Letting me know about a DVD of hers.

Andy's time slots for the song writer contest next saturday are announced; I hope he can work out his conflict of scheduling. Many local familar names on the contest list.
Sorry to miss "linda lou" last night at the wheel house; just a little too tired out by the end of the week.
LIstening to bob dylan singing "I ain't got no home in this world anymore" - from 1968 or so- a woody guthrie tribute CD. His "modern times" CD is being released some time right about now.
Got the latest edition of No Depression yesterday- an interview with Todd Snider and Will Kimbrough is one of the highlights.

1 Comments:

At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, another p-burg blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home