tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

research

Occasionally, when I post a reference to a name, someone from across the country comes across that through a web search. I am researching some music and musicians from when I was in college in Springfield Ohio in 1971-1973. If "Cowboy Bill Stockwell" or Pop Wagner, or Bodie Wagner come up for someone's web searching, I'd appreciate hearing about their lives over the past 30 years. These were musicians who were on some circuit that led them to Southwest Ohio college towns then. There seemed to be a pool of musicians that generated out of the midwest- minneapolis, chicago, etc.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pop & Bodie grew up in Yellow Springs, Ohio which is near Springfield. Pop moved to Minneapolis & has been playing & recording there for many years. He was a regular on "The Prairie Home Companion" radio music show. Bodie followed the hobo music path & also recorded. Pop has a website where you could contact him-- www.popwagner.com

Cowboy Bill lived in Springfield for many years, later moving to southern Ohio to Oxford, I think. My sister ran into him at the Smithsonian Folk Festival in DC a few years ago & he's still pickin.

I moved away from Springfield/Yellow Springs in 1974 & haven't been back since. I saw some of the old coffee house folks in Minneapolis in the mid- to late-70's but lost track in recent years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home