tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Greens show last night

The Greens had a good show last night at the Front Row. Andy played bass for the opening act, who were without their lead singer. They had a good sound, and set the good stage for the Greens. The keyboard player had a previous stint with the earliest version of the Greens.
The saxophone player joined the Greens for some Aaron-Phillip-like versions of some Greens favorites much to the audience's pleasure. They quickly got the crowd up on the dance floor as is becoming the common practice. Most of the truest, loyalest fan base in the Parkersburg area was there. Several "regulars" at the FRont Row commented on this being a bigger crowd than lately. Though its always nice to share the stage, I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed a full evening of the Greens- they couldn't get to quite a few of the favorite songs.
I hope to talk to Andy later today, to get a better idea of what the next few weeks will bring- and on into March.
There was a nice little contingent down from Morgantown with the Hot Sextet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home