tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

tomorrow night- the harry smith movie showing!

Its down to one day till the premier of the americana music tribute film series- Friday, Jan 26 7:30 pm at 1739 St. Mary's Ave. (door # 3) a showing of The Old Weird America- a documentary of concerts celebrating Harry Smith's anthology of folk music from 1999 and 2001, and interviews about the impact and influence of Harry's 1950's collection work with old songs from the 1920's and 30's. Various (eclectic) musicians and folklorists related the influence of his work on a wide range of musics of the 50's, 60's, 70's, and beyond. Its going to be a great kick off to the full 2007 Americana Music Tribute Series. Also, you'll get updates on ways you can help- with the live music shows coming up (the first is the Johnny Cash tribute Feb. 23rd) and the t-shirt sales, raffle promotions, door prize gathering, and publicity. Tell your friends, and come on out.

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I do news for 103.1 the Bear. Are press allowed?

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger steve tuck said...

steven- yes, of course, you are welcome- I'd look forward to meeting you- I am not expecting a big crowd (weather, not great advance publicity, etc.) but I can say the movie will be good, and those who do come will be a friendly crowd!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home