tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, January 22, 2007

road trip music today

I drove to Clarksburg and Morgantown and back today. I listened to "Avalon Blues, a tribute to the music of Mississippi John Hurt on the way over. Chris Smither, Bruce Cockburn, Lucinda Williams, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Steve Earle and Justin Earle, Peter Case and Dave Alvin, Ben Harper, Geoff Muldaur, Mark Selby, Beck, Victoria Williams, Bill Morissey, Taj Mahal, Gillian Welch and John Hiatt perform songs of Mississippi John Hurt. Many of the songs will be part of the film Friday night.
Then I listened to John PRine, Fair and Square. Then the Greg Brown tribute of women singers "Going Driftless." Then finished up with Steve Goodman's Live Wire coming back in the home stretch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home