tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, March 23, 2007

townes van zandt movie tonight here on St. Mary's Ave.

I'll be showing the townes van zandt movie tonight (I said 7 pm, but it will really be "at dark"; its kinda like a drive in movie theater here- I have to wait till its dark enough to see the screen.
I'll play some Townes CD's leading up to the "showing." I guarantee a combination of 1) funny, 2) poignant show. The sadness of a self destructive path is enough to bring ya down; but the spirit, creative mind, and admiration others felt for his "muse" is a measure of inspiration. I don't expect any kind a turnout; didn't do the publicity push I could have; so we'll just make it an "intimate" showing, and take it from there. I will be willing to loan it out from here if anyone wants to take a gander after tonight.
I don't know if I'll make it down to the wheel house for the domestic violence shelter fund raiser after wards; I'd like to go and support, and check out their set up, but I will probably be tired out; with another long day tomorrow.
New Greens date in April in Huntington (monkey bar) to check out (the 20th).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home