tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Greens in finals of Morgantown battle of the bands

Its announced that the greens are among the four finalists at the battle of the bands of WVAQ in Morgantown. The event is Tuesday, April 3rd at the Met Theater in Morgantown. Times of the bands playing i assume is yet to be announced; perhaps not even till that night. Go fella's!!! The other bands are: Flux, The Overtones, the New Relics. I hope they can get a good turn out of fans that night.

2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, do you think it's fair that a band that won the same contest last year should be allowed in the finals this year?

That does not seem fair to me at all.

New Relics won this battle of the bands last year and I am furious. I was there last year when they announced it but I am still trying to confirm it with a newspaper clip.

If they win they need to share that prize money with the other finalists in my opinion or they are just greedy.

email me at tcastill@gmail.com if you have any ideas about what we can do about this

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger steve tuck said...

Thanks for the update and perspective, Tony. I don't know what to think about the past winner thing- I hope that's not a distraction for the Greens to their own preparation. I'll e-mail ya if I think of anything!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home