tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

More Whole Lotta Hank prep

I got a nice phone call yesterday, giving me more enthusiasm for the Whole Lotta Hank show. A woman from over near Coolville saw the blurb in the paper and gave me a call. She and her husband just got back from the Hank Williams Festival (the 27th I think?) in his hometown in Alabama- Georgiana? They participated in it, and her husband performs Hank tunes, dresses up like him, etc. She asked if they could get on the bill for our Hank tribute show next Friday. I told her I had a "stable full" of musicians, but I'd love to work them in.
This is snowballing as I find out there are many such events around the country- tributes to Hank. They had participated in the dedication ceremony in Oak Hill WV- naming a stretch of highway, the Hank Williams highway (the place that he died - New Years Day 1953.)
I'll be trying to chart out a line up/ time slots outline in the next few days; if anyone is reading this who is planning to perform, they could let me know, time preference, amount of time they'd like etc. and I'll see what I can do to keep everybody happy, and the audience pumped up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home