tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Vinyl Record sale "challenge"

For the vinyl record sale this Saturday (JULY 7th), I am officially announcing my attempt to gather records from all the artists mentioned in Todd Snider's song about "that dusty ol' pile of vinyl records sittin' on his floor." You may have seen me wearing a Todd Snider t-shirt with the musicians listed on the back-
willie, waylon, woody guthrie, jimmy buffett, lyle lovett, and bobby gentry......
Elsewhere on this blog I've posted a link to the full lyrics. I am slightly embarassed to say I only have about half of the records so far. Of course, I have a lot of them on CD's and tapes, but........ I realize some are pretty obscure for hopes of getting from the Parkersburg area, so this is a "long haul" project. And, stupidly, I have given some away (or should I say, sold them in my sales)- Like that Hank Williams record I just gave away a week ago. There are basically two categories I am seeking: obvious, easy to gather ones, which I just don't happen to have, like: the doors, the grateful dead, patsy cline, lynard skynard, u-2, jimi hendrix, kiss, johnny cash, june carter cash, yardbirds, sam and dave, tom petty. And ones I consider a wee bit more challenging: lyle lovett, donnie fritts, keith sykes, country joe and the fish, mojo nixon, booker t, bobby bare (I think I had that once....... it must have sold), steve forbert, steve fromholz, the t-birds, the New York Dolls.
I'll be willing to talk about purchasing rather than trading, but I hope people approach it in the spirit in which I am announcing it. I know I could do some e-bay searching but want to wait a little into announcing it, to see what generates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home