tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Greens show Friday night at the Wheel HOuse

WHHOOO BOY! I have been on a whirlwind sequence of excursions, so this is a little belated and probably a little fuzzy. The Greens headed down to Jimmy C's wheel house after their opening act gig out at WVU-P Friday night. It was a slightly different crowd; I can't put my finger on what seemed different, but there was something. It ended up being a good rollicking night of music as always of course. This following set list is pretty sloppy and vague so apologies in advance. I give it my best effort, but I know it falls short. There are definite lapses!
it started with (quasi sound check?) a led zeppelin song
a Pink Floyd song (we discovered Ben is an avid Pink Floyd afficianodo)
Chinaski
come on back to me
ring of fire (and early audience request!)
walk the line
Lodi
Its not enough (restlessness)
Down
an instrumental (coined "bah dass")
10-4 good buddy
Tuck's Riff
Flyin' Solo
Heavy Mentals
Something is wrong with me
lovely/ ugly
Part II
Apocalypso
?
LA Woman (Doors)
the media
conversations with the lunatic in the mirror
quirky turkey
Sunshine of your Love (Cream)
swamp queen
mary jane
("here I am signed, sealed, delivered")
Midnight Hour
We got that Funk
the latin interlude
kenya dig
oily rags
Funk Smell
All over everywhere
she's a busy girl
tunesmith jones
go down slow (?)
cross roads
?
"Y"
a medley for the finale:
should I stay or should I go? (Clash)
moving picture
big ol' betsy
little warrior

This was a solid night of music; lots of jamming interludes / segues; lots of responding to requests and dance transitions.

I was sorry to miss the following night at 6 pence due to traveling to Wash DC. Someone want to give me a review?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home