tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Angel Band

I have started to listen to "With Roots and Wings" the new release by the trio of women. Its going to be a great one to share and spread the word about. This is a release on Appleseed Recordings; a label with Pete Seeger, Tom Paxton, etc. connections. They are Nancy Josephson, Jen Schonwald, and Kathleen Weber. David Bromberg (Nancy's husband) contributes some music as part of the backing musicians. They have fabulous harmonies, a wide ranging song selection style, and wide diversity in the backing instruments. I'll follow up on this review after some more listening!

They were playing this weekend over in Cumberland Maryland at the big Del McCoury festival- lots of great acts at that event- you can't be everywhere at once!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home