tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Tommy Womack at the Court St. Grille in Pomeroy

Tonight is a fantastic opportunity to see a great performer within an hour (or so) drive from Parkersburg. Tommy Womack will be at the Court St. Grille in Pomeroy Ohio. Tommy is part of a greatly admired group of musicians/ singers/ songwriters based in Nashville that I follow pretty enthusiastically. Todd Snider, Will Kimbrough etc. You can hear him with Will in a group they perform as: Daddy. He has a great perspective on the music "biz"- makes some very inspiring music, all in all a worthy reason to get out and see him when he is in the area! I am eager to visit the Court St. Grille, as I have heard great things about it over the years, but haven't made it there yet. Check out Tommy's website for some intriguing stuff.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger jackscrow said...

Yes. Tommy is a don't miss if you can help it, show.

I'll be making the trip from Athens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home