tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

see a picture of me now on the blog, up in the corner?

For the astute, I added a picture up in the corner of the blog. This was one of the pictures taken by Bill Poole at the Bob Dylan birthday tribute show, with me doing my "emcee" duties; with the eerie picture of Bob Dylan looming over my shoulder, making sure I did things right. Oh, did I mention the Cajun band did a nice little rendition of "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere" the other night? They acknowledged it wasn't a Cajun song, but they sang some mighty fine harmonies, and had their nice little Cajun / Louisiana dance hall take on the song. I am a great "squeeze box" fan- Their musician came out with two draped over his shoulder, one kinda "slinky-ing" behind him. Since he also played a duet fiddle on some songs (not to be confused with playing second fiddle..........) and a few tunes on eeee-lectrick geee- tar, too. He was therefore the most versatile with the others, solid on their first instrument.
The great dancing by the audience is still fresh in my mind; such exuberance!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home