tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Vinyl Record Sale this Saturday

Tell your vinyl record enthusiast friends about a great opportunity to browse a stupendously eclectic array of vinyl records this Saturday, at 1739 St. Mary's Ave. (door number 3) at the Children's Home Society of West Virginia. Will be in air conditioned comfort, to keep those vinyl records from warping into creative, pieces of art. Have anyone give me a call at 485-0650 if they have any questions. I have been having these vinyl record sales for several years, and enjoying the chance to meet music lovers from around the area this way. Of course, I have amassed an unbelievably uncontrolled inventory of weird, unsellable vinyl in amongst the great finds and popular ones. This current batch will still allow some great finds for the collector, young and old.
As the week goes on, I will try to give some updates as to what is in store; its a definite work in progress to manage this big selection. I got some weird Beatles record the other day; some Elvis stuff Friday; still have a pretty decent "classic rock" amount from that major donation a few months back. I still have remnants of a primo country music archives from the spring. I know that folks are clamoring for turntables and record players, so the best I can say, is come out, and "network" with others who may help connect you. I gave away the last of the "stuff" (turntables, old record players) a few months back, 'cause we couldn't make 'em work. I still haven't broke out my brand new converting vinyl to CD gizmo, so hopefully this week sometime. I'll be printing off the copies of the national newsletter for vinyl record buffs, with many intriguing website connections. I gave up about a year ago (disappointed by the lack of response!!!) on my efforts to amass a record from all the names that Todd Snider mentions in his song "dusty ol' pile of records" but its always lurking their in the background if anybody wants to help me revive it. I ventured over to that record store in Athens, and could have whittled a few off my list from there, but I was feeling stingy on spending the money, hoping for some trades. Maybe I could have even got Mojo Nixon over there. Or the New York Dolls.

1 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.musicobsession.com/
Nice vinyl records day let's celebrate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home