tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Mountain Stage New song contest/ festival

I hadn't heard much about the new song festival this year. If you recall, a regional contest was held right here in the MOV. This year, the "closest" two are Athens Georgia, and Ann Arbor MIch. Some regional finalists are two folks from Huntington WV in the Athens GA regional this week, and Wes Casto from Marietta OHio in the Ann Arbor Mich. regional finals. The culminating event this year is in Charleston at the Cultural center, on October 11, with the winner performing as part of Mountain Stage on Oct. 12. visit the newsongfestival.com website for more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home