tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

john Hiatt's greatest hits the a & m years 87-94

Fred Shreve gave me this CD as a gift from one enthusiastic John Hiatt fan to another. I have been listening to it around town, and enjoying it immensely. Its a little harder with the start and stop of driving around town, instead of a work related road trip. Hiatt has such a great way with words; turns of phrases, observations, images. The music is varied and as always suits him however he wants to take it- a long history of solid delivery. Fred tells of a show he saw in Athens OH where John stole the show from the headliner. Fred was shouting out lines, when no one in the audience knew them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home